Stateless Computing: Tech for the Edge Cloud
Why Stateless Computing?
The creation of a new Internet based on 100 of thousands of smaller and larger edge nodes needs a complete new operating system that lowers the cost to operate computer nodes, while getting the max performance out of it. GIG took a complete new approach to use bare-metal servers and storage systems as hosts of a green and neutral Internet platform by introducing a complete new operating system: Zero-OS.
GIG developed all open-source components, Zero-OS needed for the deployment of bare machines functioning as Internet nodes and application hosts.
Zero-OS creates the ideal compute platform to run containerized applications and software code on secure and high-available IT infrastructure.
Zero-OS can be deployed by anyone that is willing to make server and storage capacity available in their markets and who is willing to share the capacity within our Edge network.
Benefits of Stateless Computing
- Performance: lightweight OS with a minimal overhead, for extreme performance
- Free: finds the optimal performance configuration of server & storage nodes at no extra cost
- Privacy: no data footprint remains in place while workloads move from one node to another
- Distributed: capacity is generated without the need for datacenters: At The Edge
- High-available: easy creation of clusters while applications run in fragmented segments
- Portability: moving software from one node to another within the grid is instant
- Secure: open-source distributed software with transparent code. No security backdoors
- Green: energy-efficient OS resulting in very low node power consumption
Build on GitHub
- 0-Core Repo
- 0-Stor Repo
- 0-Disk Repo
- 0-Orchestrator Repo